In the 5th episode of The Home A Team Podcast we discuss the dust trap!
It’s that time of the year for a spot of spring cleaning and the lockdown is perhaps enabling us to spend a little more time noticing and combating the dust in our homes.
Here we discuss, from an architectural design perspective, how you can actually design out some of the dust traps, think about it early and save yourself the elbow grease later.
Things to think about include:
- Enclosing the gaps between the high level kitchen cupboards and the ceiling
- Shape and depth of basins
- Building in storage for bathroom products to avoid mould build up
- Ensuring sufficent ventilation
- Creating space for drying washing
In the Architects Alphabet, this week we cover B for ‘Beams’.
Listen to the Home A Team Podcast here.